Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Getting People to Think Securely

One of the most enjoyable parts of my previous work for a large airline was working on the security awareness efforts. While it was not as large as I would like, I did get to write up a monthly mini-article/hint/tip and I enjoyed finding ways to use real-life things to help readers be more secure in the things they did.

This did take more time than I think many realized and writing effective communications is often more like creating art than performing an engineering task. Finding the proper "muse" to express a meaningful point in the allowed space is a major challenge.

I would encourage all organizations that do not have any awareness efforts to at least start copying or creating some basic awareness articles. SANS has some great tips as do other sources.

Even small tips helping employees be safe in their own computer use can flow over to the workplace and make everyone more secure!

Brad

No comments: