Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Another One Down!

I decided to tackle the GIAC/GPCI after passing my GSEC last fall. This was partially because I have been working on PCI issues for the last year and a half and partially because I am considering trying for the GIAC/GSE-Compliance Platinum cert sometime in the future. This is complicated by the fact that all the costs will be born by me, but I figure it may be worth it if it helps me get a lot better.

Well, after waiting for the holiday break (and then wasting it), I took the test last Saturday and passed with a very good score. I even got one technically incorrect question updated (though I didn't get the credit back). Not a bad cert, though a few questions were certainly tricky.

I do think this cert might have been dropped, so this might have been a waste, but I am going to keep my eyes open and see.

I plan on passing the CISSP next, but I think I need to learn a bit more first. I have enough experience related to security, but I want the breadth of knowledge that requires.

No comments: